Need Home Insurance?

Answer a few questions and get a free quote in minutes.

Home Insurance 2021-09-27T09:36:03-06:00

Edmonton's Home Insurance Specialists

A dedicated team of highly trained home insurance professionals.

Your home and property are among your most significant investments, and safeguarding those investments is our priority. Our qualified team of home insurance specialists will provide you with flexible policy options you can trust, and a package that will help you sleep easy at night knowing you’re always covered.
Whether it’s your first condo, or your dream home, Go Insurance can’t wait to help you take the next step in safeguarding your investment. We’re here to answer all your questions, and tell you exactly what to expect. For claims information, or to learn more about your options, please call us today at 1.780.448.2298.

Our packages are designed to cover diverse property types, including:

  • Homes and condos
  • Cabins and recreational property
  • Rental properties
  • Tenants and content insurance
  • Motorhomes and vacation trailers

Home Insurance FAQ

Home insurance is important for two reasons.

One, it protects you against loss or damage to your personal belongings, and helps protect your assets against loss in the event of a lawsuit against you. So, if someone gets hurt while in your home, your insurance will provide you with a legal defense if that person decides to take action against you.

Two, home insurance is necessary to secure mortgage financing. Your bank likely won’t finance your mortgage unless they are assured they will be reimbursed in the event of property damage. If you don’t have a mortgage, home insurance still protects your assets from loss.

What if my house is under construction? Do I need home insurance during this process?

Whether your property is being built or has been standing for 20 years, your home is subject to loss and damage, which can be covered by home insurance. Also, it’s important to note that injuries are common on construction sites, so an insurance policy may be required during construction. Check with Go Insurance and your builder for more specific information about your home, and to ensure you’re covered in the event of loss, damage, or injury.

Do I have to have photos or receipts for all major items in my home?

When you make a claim, you will be asked to supply a list of your home’s contents and a record of their value. The best way to prove ownership (and cost) of these items are sales receipts. It’s also a good idea to take photos of your belongings, because it will likely speed up the time it takes to settle the claim.

Should I make a claim with every loss?

This is really up to you. Consider this before you make a claim, though: what is the cost of the damage compared to your deductible? (The deductible is required amount of a claim that you’ve agreed to pay.)

Also, it’s important to note that you receive discounts on your premium if you’re not making claims all the time. By making a potentially unnecessary claim, you risk losing this discount, resulting in higher premiums.

When in doubt, consult a Go Insurance broker, who will be happy to help you make the decision that’s right for your specific situation.

What do I do in the event of a loss?

In the event of a loss for which you have home insurance coverage, please inform a Go Insurance broker right away. In the case of a burglary, you must contact the police as well.

Note: DO NOT dispose of any damaged goods until you receive our approval to do so.

Will my home insurance provide coverage for EVERYTHING in my home?

Not necessarily. Home insurance will provide coverage that is sufficient for most people in most situations. However, certain items such as jewelry, furs, and bicycles (among others) are subject to what’s called Special Limits. These items limit the amount of coverage you can have in your policy.

If you need a higher limit than what your policy provides, you can always purchase further optional coverage to ensure all your items are covered.

Is there one standard policy I can purchase or are there different levels?

We have several policies available to provide you with the right coverage option for you, at the right rate. A Go Insurance representative can easily help you determine which policy is right for you. To contact a Go Insurance representative, call 1.780.448.2298.

How much insurance do I need?

In order to answer this question, you would have to speak to one of our qualified Go Insurance representatives, who will be happy to provide you information based on your specific needs. We will determine the replacement value of your home and personal property in order to determine your home insurance needs.

Note: Replacement value refers to the cost of rebuilding your home, not the market value.

Who will my home insurance cover?

Your home insurance will protect the person whose name appears on the policy, in addition to the following people (if they live in the household):

  • Policy holder’s spouse
  • Relatives of both the policy holder and his/her spouse
  • Any person under 21 in the policy holder’s care
  • Dependent student temporarily residing away from home to attend a school, college, or university

Home Insurance Safety Tips

Everyone wants to keep their home safe, but sometimes it’s hard to know exactly how to do that. To help you decide how you can best protect your home, we’ve put together a list of easy ways to reduce damage and theft on your property. If you have other questions or need further information about any of the points below, please give us a call at 1.780.448.2298

How To Prevent Water Damage

How To Prevent Break-Ins

How To Prevent Fires

Garage Door Safety

Preparing For A Hailstorm

Preparing for A Lightning Storm

Preparing For A Tornado

If you have other questions or needed further information about any of the points below, please give us a call at 1.780.448.2298.

Get A Quote In Minutes